WiFi - 6E - SSID not showing in 6GHz but showing in 2.4GHz and 5GHz by Ulises Cázares

 Hi, the other day I was testing an Aruba AP 635 configuring an SSID to show in the 3 bands and apparently everything looked fine because I connected my laptop to the SSID but after a few connections and reconnections I noticed the laptop only connected either to the 2.4GHZ and 5GHz SSIDs but never to the 6GHz. 

Reviewing the configuration of the AP, I made sure the 6GHz radio was enable  so something else should be the problem.

After reading about requeriments for 6GHz I noticed that WPA3 is Mandatory and my mistake was that I had configured the security as WPA2 which is not allowed in 6GHz. Once I changed it to WPA3 my laptop  was able to connect in the 6GHz radio.


So whenever you're working with a 6GHz SSID make sure the following is configured:

Security must be: WPA3-PSK or WPA3 Enterprise and for an open SSID you must use Enhanced Open so the packets are encrypted between the client and the AP.


Hope this helps

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aruba Clearpass - How to configure the Cisco WLC for Guest and MAC Caching by Ulises Cázares

Using API in ArubaOS Switches with Postman by Ulises Cázares

WiFi - How to know supported channels by a wireless client by Ulises Cázares